Worthing High School aims to set high standards for its pupils and aspires to achieve a partnership with its governors, teachers, parents and students as well as with its wider partners. These principles aligned with those of Bramber who set similarly high standards in all that we do, and we were delighted to be chosen to carry out the complete replacement of the schools windows.
Bramber, working with its suppliers, carried out all of this work during school term–time. We worked closely with the school, building strong relationships; our contracts manager held daily meetings with the school manager to ensure classrooms were available each day. We ensured each room was thoroughly cleaned and tidied upon completion, so that it could be used the following day for lessons.
Key successes of the project included:
- School remained open at all times.
- Pupils education and exams were uninterrupted.
- Windows were pre-measured and ordered in advance to minimise delays on site.
- Our dedicated staff ensured the health and safety of everyone involved within the school at all times.
- Works ensured all gaps were sealed and fabric was improved at the same time, improving the thermal efficiency of the rooms.
The working relationship with the school manager enabled our works in a ‘live’ school to run as smoothly as possible, which was even more important as the project was carried out during pupils’ exams.Lee Randall, Contracts Manager