This award winning new build scheme was designed, funded and developed by Bramber and comprises a terrace of four town houses with integral garages and rear gardens, built on a former pay and display car park.
The homes were built to the highest quality and designed to reference local materials, including multi-stock clay brickwork, feature flint work, brick quoins and soldier coursing.
Such was the attention to detail, Adur District Council awarded Bramber their Distinction In Building Award, for our “excellent contribution to the quality of the built environment”.
To suit the site, the houses were built east to west, with an accessible WC, living and dining area on the ground floor, two bedrooms on the first floor and a third bedroom and study on the second floor.
Key successes of the project included:
- Town centre brownfield site
- Homes were built to LABC standards and provided with a 10-year warranty
- Each home was constructed to outperform current building regulations in both their thermal resistance and sound separation in order to meet lifetime homes standards
- All rainwater is directed to underground storage tanks and is recycled (grey) to serve the toilets etc.
- Homes were completed with minimal disturbance to the adjoining residents
- Shortlisted for an LABC award
- Shoreham Society design award