Internal refurbishments for East Sussex County Council at their beautiful ceremonial rooms and offices at Hastings Register Office
Bramber brought a wealth of experience to this project having previously worked on the grade II* listed Shoreham Airport and Worthing’s grade II* listed Dome Cinema and Worthing Pier.
To minimise disruption, Bramber agreed to carry out the works over Christmas and into the New Year. To deliver the high quality finishes required, within a tight timetable, whilst also sharing the main entrance we carried out a pre-planning exercise working closely with the client.
Key successes of the project were:
- Protecting irreplaceable features of a grade II listed building.
- Securing specialist craftsmen, including lime plaster finishes.
- Scaffolding the interior to reach the vaulted ceilings.
- Delivering the project within a tight timetable, so as not to impact on wedding bookings.
- Minimising the disruption to the main town hall reception during the course of the works.
East Sussex County Council selected Bramber as an experienced heritage contractor to work on their prestigious new registry office, which has been a huge success hosting wedding ceremonies in the Victorian splendour of the council chamber and former mayor’s parlour.